The Working Mind Virtual: Mental Health Training for Employees (June 2023)
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
About this workshop:
Established by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, The Working Mind is an evidence-based training program designed to address and promote mental health and reduce stigma in a workplace setting. It includes scenario-based practical applications, custom videos of people with lived experience of mental illness, participant reference guides, and related handouts. The program is available in two versions: one for managers and one for employees.
- Learn about the basic concepts, risk factors and causes of mental illness and mental disorders
- Gain the confidence, tools and resources to manage and support employees who may be experiencing mental health problems or illness
- Learn about the Mental Health Continuum Model, how to observe changes in employees along the continuum, and how to take appropriate action
- Develop resilience and health-coping strategies
- Build their mental health literacy to help recognize, manage and support colleagues with mental health challenges in the workplace.
Audience: All faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan.
Part 1: Thursday, June 8, 2023 at 9 am – 12 pm PST
Part 2: Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 9 am – 11 am PST
Participants must attend both sessions. Participants will not be admitted if they join after the first 15 minutes of the course has passed and will not be eligible for a course certificate if they miss more than 30 minutes of material.
Location: Zoom (Once you register, you be directed to the course Canvas page where you can find the Zoom link).
- Truelove Twumasi-Afriyie (she/her), Workplace Wellbeing Programs Specialist, UBCV Central Human Resources
- Erica Altomare (she/her), Workplace Wellbeing Learning Specialist, UBCV Central Human Resources
Truelove Twumasi-Afriyie and Erica Altomare are certified The Working Mind trainers through The Mental Health Commission of Canada.
If you have questions, please contact Lauren Lee at email@example.com.
Keywords: ONCS, VRPTGY, VRRNSE, OE, WG