Full course description
DESCRIPTION: UBC Faculty, Staff and Student Employees will learn about Finance key concepts including Workday's Foundation Data Model and terms such as Worktags and Cost Centres. In this course we will cover basic Travel and Expense Management, including how to claim out-of-pocket expenses.
Optional 1-hour webinars are available for registration beginning in early August and to support continued learning. These webinars will be available until October 2020. This course includes access to IRP's Workday Training Sandbox via a fake user account designed just for training.
DELIVERY METHOD: Online, Self-serve with Webinar Sign-Up options (register in course)
Webinar Registration Links:
- 8/25/2020 10:30 am - 1hr Webinar
- 9/9/2020 11:00 am - 1hr Webinar
- 9/21/2020 11:00 am - 1hr Webinar
- 10/5/2020 1:00 pm - 1hr Webinar
- 10/19/2020 11:00 am - 1hr Webinar
SELF-SERVE COURSE DURATION: ~60 minutes
LEARNING OUTCOMES: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand Finance Key Concepts: Get an overview of Finance key concepts in Workday, including the Foundation Data Model, Worktags, Cost Centres and more.
- Create an Expense Report: Create an Expense Report for out-of-pocket expenses | Reconcile VISA expenses incurred on UBC Credit Cards | Expense to a PD Fund | Expense to a Grant.
- Create Quick Expenses in Mobile: Learn how to create a Mobile Expense Report and Quick Expenses using Workday's Mobile App
- Practice in the Sandbox: Get a hands-on experience in Workday and try out the features you learned about.
PREPARATION & PREREQUISITES: Workday Basics
Keywords: WY, OE