Full course description
Topic: Leading, supporting and responding to change & transition - hosted by UBC Change and Transition Community of Practice
Date: Mon, Nov 29th, 2021
Location: Online via Zoom
About the session:
In this session, we will continue to focus on leading teams through change and transition and provide attendees with the opportunity to explore:
- The SCARF Model, and how it can be used to work with our teams more effectively.
- Developing strategies that assist with recognizing and overcoming resistance.
- Tools for leaders to support themselves during change.
Increase your knowledge about:
- Leading and supporting your team (and others) through change
- Leading practices in organizational change management
- Recognizing and overcoming resistance
- Understand foundational change concepts
- Increase awareness of natural responses to change
- Learn strategies for recognizing and working with resistance
Open to leaders; anyone involved implementing change at UBC. However, all faculty and staff are welcome to join us.
About the community of practice:
As part of the longer-term vision for building change capacity and capability across UBC, this year’s CoP will focus on building leadership capacity and capability for leading change.
For those new to the group, the CoP invites leaders to share stories (success and challenges), harness cross disciplinary expertise, engage with and learn from the approaches of others, and explore emerging trends and innovations in change management.
As always, the community of practice is open to all faculty and staff. We welcome you to share details of this session with others who may be interested.
Keywords: CEMT; change management; resistance; change and transition; community of practice