Courageous Leadership through Change hosted by UBC Change and Transition Community of Practice
Ended Apr 15, 2021
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
In these times of accelerated change, the world is calling for courageous leaders to show up calm, clear, vulnerable, and empathetic with deep listening from the heart. We explore how heartfelt conversation is the opening into new ways of being for organizations and the people who lead them.
The learning objectives of the Courageous Leadership through Change workshop are to:
1. Create a statement to give ourselves permission to be our brave, authentic selves and share with a partner
2. Discover why setting boundaries is vulnerable and brave, and courageous leaders model appropriate boundaries
3. Develop self awareness around our default coping strategies as we go through change (Moving Away, Moving Against, and Moving Toward) and explore our freedom to choose how we respond
4. Discover how being vulnerable enhances your ability to connect with and lead people going though change Facilitator
More about the session:
• Who: The course is designed with the following in mind – leaders, managers and individuals responsible for or involved in a change effort.
• Date: Thursday, April 15th
• Time: 2:00pm-3:30pm
• Location: Online via Zoom (You will receive zoom log-in instructions via email after you have registered)
This community is open to everyone and we encourage you to share this link with others who may be interested in joining and contributing to and learning more about change + transition and building capacity and resilience during change.
About our facilitator:
Kieran Harrop is Vice President of Consulting Services at BDO Consulting and has 25 years of business and leadership experience with a people-centric, innovative approach to design and transformational change, including complex, +$100M initiatives with diverse global stakeholders. Kieran is a Certified Systemic Team Coach awarded by the Academy of Executive Coaching. He is Brené Brown Dare to Lead Trained, a Certified Deep Transformational Coach, an Associate Certified Coach through the International Coaching Federation (ICF), and President of ICF Vancouver Island.
Keywords: CEMT; Change Management; Leadership