Equity Diversity Inclusion for Years—Search & Selection Online Training
Full course description
This short, online course was designed for faculty and senior leadership at UBC on search committees. Learners will gain an understanding of how to conduct a fair and thorough search for new faculty members and senior leadership, while minimizing bias and conflict of interest by following a process and using clear search criteria.
This training consists of 4 lessons:
- Why Diversity is Needed and How it Contributes to Excellence
- Unconscious Bias and Conflict of Interest
- Inclusion Skills
- Process of Search and Selection
We estimate that it will take you 30 minutes to complete this course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine the benefits of diversity in the workplace;
- Recognize your unconscious biases and identify steps to reduce their impact;
- Describe how to declare and discuss conflict of interest with the search committee;
- Describe what diversity competencies are and how to identify them in candidates;
- Understand the process a search committee should follow and the reasons.
Note: If you do not have access to a CWL credential, you should proceed to the external version of this course by going to https://courses.cpe.ubc.ca/browse/wpl/courses/wpl-eio-ediss-nubc to complete this course.
Keyword: DYIN, LPMT