Full course description
Course Objectives: After completing this course, UBC faculty or staff members with the Principal Investigator, Administrative Principal Investigator, or Grant Manager roles will be able to view award and grant details, access and navigate the Research Grants Dashboard, run grant-related tasks and reports, and manage grant signing authority in Workday.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this course you be able to:
- Explain the scope of Workday as it relates to grant management activities at UBC.
- Understand the various Workday security roles related to grants.
- Identify the correct contact person for request worktag changes.
- Explain the relationship between grants and awards in the Workday system.
- Find and view details of an award.
- Find and view details of a grant.
- Access, navigate, and filter the Research Grants Dashboard.
- Run and configure reports on the Research Grants Dashboard.
- Initiate/run additional grant-related tasks and reports.
- Manage grant signing authority using the Grant Manager security roles.
Audience: UBC faculty and staff with Principal Investigator, Administrative Principal Investigator, or Grant Manager security roles.
Course Format: Online, Self-Serve
Course Duration: 60 Minutes
Course Prerequisites: Prior to taking this course, learners should first complete the following:
- Workday Basics
Assessment: There is no formal assessment for this course.
Keywords: WY, OE