Wellbeing in the Workplace (Self-paced)
Started Jul 6, 2020
Full course description
Now more than ever, wellbeing is playing a crucial role in both our work lives and personal lives. In order to work well, we have to be well and understanding the importance of wellbeing within the context of the workplace is a great place to start.
All staff and faculty at the Univeristy of British Columbia campuses.
Participants in this course will:
- Learn how wellbeing is valued and championed at UBC
- Be able to identify elements of the stress response cycle and how to support the self and others
- Learn a variety of self-care strategies that support wellbeing
- Feel confident in how to find, use and share UBC resources or services that support individual and workplace wellbeing
- Learn tools and skills to support wellbeing while working within changing environments (remote work, work from home, virtual work etc.)
Miranda Massie, MEd, is a Workplace Wellbeing Practices & Learning Consultant with UBC HR. Her work involves supporting learning practices & curriculum design related to individual and workplace wellbeing. Miranda has a background in psychology, as well as health and adult education and is a Mental Health Commission of Canada certified instructor (Mental Health First Aid and The Working Mind). Miranda's work is grounded in health promotion and adult education principles and she believes in empowering employees to make informed decisions that can positively impact their individual wellbeing, as well as the health and culture of the organization.
Keywords: VRPTGY, ONCS, VRRNSE, OE, WG, WEBK