Full course description
Information about the session
Search Inside Yourself Half-Day Training Program
In support of UBC's commitment to workplace health and wellbeing, HR is once again offering a unique international professional development opportunity to UBC faculty and staff.
Developed at Google and founded in neuroscience, Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is a training program that uses emotional intelligence and mindfulness to optimize performance, build leadership skills and increase wellbeing. In times of rapid change, the SIY program can help participants build resilience, become adaptive and learn to thrive.
What the half day interactive program includes:
- An introduction to the neuroscience supporting mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Foundational exercises to focus attention calm the mind and develop emotional awareness
- Practical workplace applications to support participants in greater self awareness and enhanced ability to respond to stress and challenges more deliberately
- A highly interactive experience with 1/3 presentation and 2/3 hands on exercises
Participants will learn:
- Increased self awareness self regulation and empathy, three foundational emotional intelligence competencies
- Practical take-away skills: mindfulness journaling tools and techniques for self awareness and self-regulation
- Tools to improve communication and build awareness of others' emotions and perspectives
Date: February 22, 2022
Time: Half day (9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
Who can register:
- Open to all staff and faculty at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan.
- There are 100 spots available and are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- This training is for UBC employees only.
What previous participants had to say:
The neuroscience information was insightful and the exercises and practices were interesting enough to consider implementing in my everyday life.
I learned that having more compassion towards others and self is a great way to show leadership, to step up and to be more valuable.
- 100% of participants would recommend the SIY program to a colleague
- 85% of participants felt more confident when having difficult conversations
- 88% of participants reported increased ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Participants reported a 17 per cent increase in self-awareness and a 15 per cent increase in resilience after the training
Keywords: VRPTGY, ONCS, VRRNSE, OE, WG