Full course description
Audience: All faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan who enrolled in one or more of UBC’s benefits plans and are looking to learn more about the benefits offered at UBC.
Date and time: This is a pre-recorded webinar that can be viewed at any time. The live session took place on March 29, 2023.
About this webinar:
UBC is committed to creating an outstanding workplace for our 17,000+ employees. One way we do this is by offering employees an extensive benefits package to support their continued health and wellbeing.
Janet McHugh and Lauren Lee from the Health, Wellbeing & Benefits team will help you better understand the wide range of benefits available to you, with a focus on the new benefit plan provisions that were added on January 1, 2023.
What will you learn?
- Which benefits you are eligible for
- What your benefits cover and where to find more information, with a focus on the new benefit plan provisions
- Family building benefits for fertility, surrogacy, and adoption
- Accessibility provisions to help reduce the cost of hearing, speech and vision care equipment
- Gender affirmation benefits, for procedures not covered by public health care plans
- How to make claims using your benefits
- Tips on making changes to your benefits in Workday
- What the Employee and Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) offers and how to access these resources (with a focus on resources that support inclusion and accessibility)
- Who to contact if you have questions
- Janet McHugh (she/her), Benefits Specialist, UBC Vancouver Central Human Resources
- Lauren Lee (she/her), Workplace Wellbeing Associate EFAP, UBC Vancouver Central Human Resources
If you have any questions or accommodation requests, please email Lauren Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: VRPTGY, ONCS, VRRNSE, OE, WG, ONOG, ONOGUBC, LTBSRG