Full course description
Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Time: 10 – 11 am PST
Audience: All faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan
Location: Zoom. (Once you’ve registered, you will be directed to the course Canvas page where you can find the Zoom link.)
About this workshop:
In this session, you will be introduced to the concept of “Emotional Intelligence” and learn about the connection between your thinking and your emotions, and how these can affect resulting . During this session, you will uncover the tools and techniques needed to apply emotional intelligence to your own personal and professional situations.
Participants will learn how to:
- Explain what emotional intelligence is and is not
- Identify your own primary and secondary emotions
- Describe the connection between the brain and emotional responses
- Use emotional intelligence to change and control your emotions
- Apply emotional intelligence to your own situations
Notes about the session:
- The session will not be recorded.
About Your Facilitator:
Liz Eustace (she/her) from UBC’s Employee and Family Assistance Program. Liz approaches health and wellness in a wholistic way – as a coach, meditation facilitator, yoga teacher and former CEO of an award-winning communications firm based in New York City.
Her goal for each session is to make the content accessible and impactful, helping you to leave the room a little lighter and more informed.
If you have any questions, please email Lauren Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: VRPTGY, ONCS, VRRNSE, OE, WG, WELLBEING