Full course description
Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. PST
Audience: All faculty and staff at UBCV/O
In this session, you will be introduced to the concept of “Emotional Intelligence” and learn about the connection between your thinking and your emotions, and how these can affect resulting . During this one-hour Zoom workshop – available to all faculty and staff at UBC – you will uncover the tools and techniques needed to apply emotional intelligence to your own personal and professional situations.
Register today to learn how to:
- Explain what emotional intelligence is and is not
- Identify your own primary and secondary emotions
- Describe the connection between the brain and emotional responses
- Use emotional intelligence to change and control your emotions
- Apply emotional intelligence to your own situations
Jonathan Zinck from UBC's Employee and Family Assistance (EFAP) provider, LifeWorks. Jonathan's mission is to inspire people to make lasting changes in their lives and open their eyes to new possibilities. Drawing from ground breaking research in the field of Positive Psychology, Jonathan has dedicated his life to developing programs that help people to reconnect with their values and energy. The wisdom and skills that Jonathan shares will dramatically and measurably move you toward taking control of your own personal health and wellness. Jonathan has a Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Honours) and specializes in cognitive behavioural therapy, mental health in the workplace, stress management, and anxiety.
To register for this workshop, you must:
1. Enroll in this course here on the Workplace Learning Ecosystem (WPL).
2. Open the Canvas course and register using the Zoom registration link provided by LifeWorks.
After registering using this link, you will receive a confirmation email with the session details and your unique join link for the day of the session. Please do not share this link with others. You will also have the option to add the session to your calendar.
If you have questions or accommodation requests, please email Lauren Lee at email@example.com.
Keywords: OE, VRPTGY, VRRNSE, WG