Full course description
Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Time: 11 am–12:30 pm PST
Audience: All faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan are welcome to attend.
Location: Zoom. (Once you’ve registered, you will be directed to the course Canvas page where you can find the Zoom link.)
About this workshop:
Sleep is a critical part of our wellbeing. Building healthy sleep habits helps fight illness, decrease risk of disease, and reduce stress. When sleep improves, so does our mood, concentration, motivation, memory, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
build better sleep habits, it helps to learn what kind of sleeper you are and identify what’s limiting your sleep.
In this workshop, participants will learn:
- How to start sleep-healthy habits from the moment you wake up.
- How to establish an effective bedtime routine that is maintainable and meets your needs.
- How to handle night wakings.
- How nutrition, fitness, stress and more impact your sleep
- How to set your bedroom up for ideal sleep (especially if sharing with workspae)
- Common problems and how to avoid them
- The workshop has interactive pieces that involve participation in the chat.
- There will be a Q&A period at the end of the workshop.
- Space is limited. Please ensure that you can attend. If you have registered and can no longer attend, please drop the course as soon as you are able to allow others to register.
- The session will not be and the slides will not be shared.
- Closed captioning can be enabled.
About Your Facilitator:
Bridget Jensen (she/her) is the founder of Better Bedtime, a full-service sleep consultancy based in Ontario. She is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University, Conestoga College and is the Canadian Director of the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants. Bridget’s calm and supportive demeanor are beneficial while working with families, individuals and organizations across North America. She is dedicated to helping people get the rest they need, so they can feel at their best during the day.