Full course description
Household debt in Canada has reached an all-time high in the past few years with Canadians owing as much as $1.77 for every $1.00 of after-tax income we earn. Holding high interest debt on credit cards or large balances on lines of credit adds can stress your cash flow. Debt robs our future to pay for our past and can contribute to everyday stress. Paying only the minimum payments can keep us on the “Never Ever” plan of debt reduction. How to get out of this never-ending debt cycle?
Date: February 2
Who is this for?
All UBCO faculty and staff
What will you learn?
· concept of "good" versus "bad" debt
· the role of the credit bureaus and the credit history system
· how to create and implement a spending and savings plan that eliminates bad debt
· options for debt management and how to implement the power pay method for debt freedom
· how to monitor and update your plan for ongoing clarity and peace of mind
Join Money Coach Melanie Buffel to step back into your power over your money. Melanie is a passionate financial educator and as a Money Coach she is dedicated to helping people make their dreams come true, and also pay the bills. Melanie has spent the last 30 years working in grass roots community programs helping people recognize their strengths and build their assets. She currently offers Money Coaching services to individuals, families and business owners.
Keywords: ONCS, OE, FE, WG