New to UBC Okanagan Orientation Course
Full course description
Welcome to UBC! We're here to help you settle into your new role and explore the UBC community in a positive way. This New to UBC Okanagan Orientation Course is a self-directed resource and learning space to support new faculty and staff in onboarding and navigating UBC resources and services.
This orientation course is designed to support new employees in their first few months at UBC Okanagan. The information included is not an exhaustive list of resources, but is meant to support as a place to start when learning about UBC and settling into your new role.
- About UBC: An overview of UBC, the organizational structure, and starting your onboarding journey.
- Onboarding Fundamentals: An overview of essential tools, technologies, and mandatory trainings, as well as your benefits, pension and UBC's approach to remote work.
- Shaping the Future: An overview of how UBC is shaping the future of research, teaching and work – as well as the resources available to support faculty and staff.
- UBC Community: Insights into campus life including tours, arts and culture, athletics and recreation – as well as how to get connected.
- Living UBC's Values: An overview of important topics such as equity, diversity and inclusion, health and wellbeing, Indigenous engagement, and sustainability.
Faculty and Staff Orientation events offered by the university will expand on the content in this course and provide additional networking and engagement opportunities with the UBC community.
If you have ay questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.