Full program description
How do you solve problems? The way we approach, formulate, and attempt to solve problems is driven by patterns of behavior that aren't working for us. From SIT’s unique approach to creative thinking, and through discussions and activities, participants will learn and experience new approaches to tackling problems. From SIT’s unique approach to creative thinking, and through discussions and activities, participants will learn and experience new and approaches to tackling problems.
This workshop is Part 2 to The Innovator’s Guide Series. Participation in this workshop requires learners having completed The Innovator’s Guide: Fighting Fixedness (previously called Fundamentals of Systematic Inventive Thinking).
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand some of the professional and personal biases that sometimes hide solutions that were accessible all along.
- Gain a new perspective on how to approach problems and deal with them effectively
- Expand their toolkit for approaching the tough problems they encounter in their (business and social) lives
- Have new strategies for generating non-obvious solutions.
- Feel confident that these new tools and strategies can work for them
- Reflect on their learning and think how to keep it alive and useful.
Erez Tsalik is a Senior Facilitator at SIT – Systematic Inventive Thinking™, and an opinion leader in the areas of Innovation and Creativity. He facilitates in all of SITs applications – New Product Development, Marketing Communications/Advertising, Problem Solving, and Innovative Strategy – and is an SIT expert in Conflict Resolution and Co-Opetition applications.
He has conducted projects with scores of leading international clients including Disney, Airtel, Kraft, Siemens, Molex, OCBC, BP, HP, and Tnuva, and has deep experience working in developing markets, and with social and environmental organizations.
Erez is frequently invited as a keynote speaker to conferences around the world. He lectures in leading academic institutes worldwide, including Columbia University, London Business School, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and Tel Aviv University. At TED India (2009), Erez ran an innovation workshop as part of the TED University, supported TEDMED in Jerusalem, and recently presented at TEDx Klagenfurt.
Erez has nearly 10 years of experience in the field of IT and Hi-Tech developments as a CIO and Systems Management. He has also worked as an academic consultant, with a rich background in education, specifically the development and production of educational workshops and seminars.
You have two payment options for enrolling in this course.
- Pay with your personal credit card (preferred if you are claiming PD Funds).
- Pay with a UBC departmental credit card.