Full course description
Live from New York and based on the bestselling book, Dave Mastronardi will lead a six-session expedition experience to activate your creativity, facilitation, strategic thinking and collaboration. Gamestorming is a set of best practices compiled from the world's most innovative people and companies, condensed into a lightweight, low-tech toolkit that applies tools and rules to the problems of collaboration and teamwork.
The approach is a mashup of game principles, game mechanics and work. It's a set of methods for inventors, explorers, and change agents. A practice made of people, paper and passion.
It's for people who want to design the future, to change the world, to make, create and innovate.
Based on the best-selling book, this course brings the pages – and more – to life, through our virtual 18-hour, six-sessions-over-two-weeks, learn-by-doing training program that enables you to become a more creative and collaborative visual thinker, change maker and rule breaker. You’ll work with seasoned Gamestorming masters and network with Gamestormers around the world as you learn to bring serious fun to work.
Dates: June 13, 14, 16, 21, 23 & 24
Time: 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Location: Zoom & Miro
You might consider a Gamestorming Expedition if…
- Online meetings have become exhausting instead of energizing
- You’re looking for ways to help yourself, your team or your clients predict & prepare for uncertainties ahead
- You’d like to bring more drawing and creativity into your professional environment
- You’re tired of the status quo
- You’re looking for a new approach to leadership
- Facilitation and meetings are parts of your everyday work
- Networking with a global community and gaining new perspective inspires you
- You’d like to make sure the work continues after your workshop or meeting ends
- You’re looking for ways to flatten the room and engage all voices and personality types
- You’re curious about different ways of collaborating online, or wondering if it can be done at all
What you'll learn...
- Techniques to make your work and meetings more creative, collaborative and fun
- How to plan for and facilitate meetings online and off; incorporate Gamestorming into other frameworks like Design Thinking
- How to leverage popular online collaborative tools effectively
- Creative engagement tools such as See one, Do one, Teach one
Resources you’ll walk away with...
- 18 hours of live class time with a master Gamestormer, including 30 minutes of Office Hours after each session
- Meet and network with Gamestormers around the world
- Take home a complete, new workshop - Navigating Uncertainty: Futures Thinking - for immediate use with your teams
- Get full agendas, frameworks and game pairings to bring to any meeting
- Post-session emails summarizing the lessons learned, key discussions points, resources referenced and homework assignments
- Access to an Expedition Alumni Slack channel & all Alumni events
INSTRUCTOR : David Mastronardi
I have over 20 years experience at the intersection of business, technology, and communication, helping companies rethink and change the way they do business. Employers include SaaS start-ups and Fortune 50. Industry experience includes: education, telecommunications, finance, management consulting, travel and entertainment, professional sports, industrial manufacturing.
I’ve been Gamestorming since before it was cool. Before G.G, Director of Global Digital Strategy at Samsung, based in Seoul. Sprinklr before that. Dachis Group before that. Raytheon and EDS long ago.
MS in Information Systems and MBA from Boston University. BS in Economics from Providence College.
You have two payment options for enrolling in this course.
- Pay with your personal credit card (preferred if you are claiming PD Funds).
- Pay with a UBC departmental credit card.
Okanagan Campus, ONCS, Vancouver- Point Grey, VRPTGY, Vancouver- Robson Square, VRRNSE, Other Locations, ORLS, Online, OE, Coaching & Mentoring Skills, CGMGSS, Leadership & Management, LPMT, Personal Development, PLDT, Professional Development, REWK