Full course description
The virtual orientation event occurs over two sessions. Participants should plan to attend both parts of the virtual orientation in full. Attending the event in full will also enter you into a prize draw for a chance to win UBC-branded items!
- Part 1: Wednesday, September 27th from 9:30AM - 10:55AM
- Part 2: Thursday, September 28th from 9:30AM - 10:55AM
Part 1 Agenda:
- Keynote Speaker - Welcome!
- Meet your colleagues
- UBC Shaping the future – Research
- Wellbeing at UBC
- UBC and Musqueam – Indigenous Engagement
Part 2 Agenda:
- UBC Shaping the future – Learning
- Sustainability at UBC
- Get to Know UBC – Trivia
- Staff experiences panel – Working at UBC
- Next steps: Continuing your onboarding journey
- Begin to recognize our priorities as an institution
- Better understand the value that our diversity, skills and experiences bring to the community
- Create connections at UBC
As this event brings together staff from across a variety of portfolios and employee groups, we do not present specific information about benefits or professional development opportunities. These topics are covered in some of the resources provided and through dedicated sessions, which are offered in the months following this orientation event.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Can't attend this session? Keep an eye out for one of our future sessions:
- Wednesday, November 1st | 9:00AM - 11:50AM | In-person at Point Grey Campus
- Wednesday, December 6th & Thursday, December 7th | 9:30AM - 10:55AM | Virtual on Zoom