Full course description
DESCRIPTION: Workday Basics is designed to help UBC Faculty, Staff and Student Employees learn about basic functionality of Workday. Key topics include navigating the Home Page, using your Inbox and Notifications, using the Search Bar and more! This course includes access to IRP's Workday Training Sandbox via a user account designed just for training.
DELIVERY METHOD: Online, Self-serve
DURATION: ~45 minutes
LEARNING OUTCOMES: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Navigate the Home Page: Navigate the different components of Workday's Home Page (Landing Page) including Announcements, Inbox and Applications | Access the Workday Inbox, including Actions and Archive | Access Notifications and mark notifications as read.
- Use Links and Related Actions: Discover Workday's links and related actions functionality to navigate to different areas of Workday quickly.
- Use Search Functions: Use Workday's Search Bar, including predictive search, prefixes and search categories.
- Configure Applications: Add the Favourite Worklet to the Home Page and add favourite tasks.
- See the Workday Mobile App in action: Get an orientation to Workday's Mobile App (available at Go-Live, November 2020).
- Practice in the Sandbox: Get a hands-on experience in Workday and try out the features you learned about.
PREPARATION & PREREQUISITES: None. Please note this course is a foundation course which is a prerequisite for all other Workday Training courses.
Keywords: WY, OE