Full course description
DESCRIPTION: This course equips budget owners such as Cost Center, Program, Gift and Grant Managers with the necessary knowledge in Workday to review, update and approve requests that arrive in their Workday inbox. This two part course covers approvals related to Travel and Expense Management, Supplier Accounts and Procurement, Customer Accounts and Revenue Accounting, Financial Accounting and Institutional Accounting as well as Banking and Settlement.
This course includes access to IRP's Workday Training Sandbox via a user account designed just for training.
DELIVERY METHOD: Webinar, Online Resources
DURATION: ~6 hour webinars for staff, 1 hour overview for faculty
LEARNING OUTCOMES: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Review and approve transactions for the following categories:
- Travel and Expense Management: Expense Reports | Cash Advances
- Supplier Accounts and Procurement: Purchase Requisitions | Change ORders | Non-PO Invoices
- Customer Accounts and Revenue Accounting: Customer Invoices | ISD Requests
- Financial Accounting and Institutional Reporting: Approve Accounting Journals, Reversals and Adjustments | Common Financial Reports
- Banking and Settlement
- Costing Allocations
- Practice in the Sandbox: View typical transactions that would arrive in the inbox of a Cost Center Manager in Workday.
PREPARATION & PREREQUISITES: Workday Finance 101, 201 or 301 courses available in Workplace Learning are recommended for general awareness of employee initiated financial requests in Workday.
Keywords: WY, BL