Workday Budget Owner (Organizational Worktag Manager) Training Resources
Started Aug 4, 2020
Full course description
DESCRIPTION: This course equips budget owners such as Cost Center, Program, Gift and Grant Managers with the necessary knowledge in Workday to review, update and approve requests that arrive in their Workday inbox. This two part course covers approvals related to Travel and Expense Management, Supplier Accounts and Procurement, Customer Accounts and Revenue Accounting, Financial Accounting and Institutional Accounting as well as Banking and Settlement.
DELIVERY METHOD: Webinar, Online Resources
DURATION: ~6 hour webinars for staff, 1 hour overview for faculty
LEARNING OUTCOMES: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Review and approve transactions for the following categories:
- Travel and Expense Management: Expense Reports | Cash Advances
- Supplier Accounts and Procurement: Purchase Requisitions | Change ORders | Non-PO Invoices
- Customer Accounts and Revenue Accounting: Customer Invoices | ISD Requests
- Financial Accounting and Institutional Reporting: Approve Accounting Journals, Reversals and Adjustments | Common Financial Reports
- Banking and Settlement
- Costing Allocations
PREPARATION & PREREQUISITES: Workday Finance Foundations, Workday Expense Reporting, Workday Cash Sales and Internal Service Delivery, and Workday Procurement REceiving and Supplier Invoices courses available in Workplace Learning are recommended for general awareness of employee initiated financial requests in Workday.
TRAINING SANDBOX: As of January 1, 2021, access to the Workday Training Sandbox will be discontinued. With continuing changes to Workday, data and the configuration in the Training Sandbox is no longer current. It does not accurately reflect the live Workday environment. Through your Workday account, you can view up-to-date business processes and tasks and continue to build your skills. You can find answers quickly via the searchable knowledge base of over 300 training job aids and user-guides.
Keywords: WY, BL