Full course description
DESCRIPTION: Workday HR 101 for Salaried Staff is designed to help UBC employees learn about key HR concepts in Workday. Modules include Onboarding, Absence (replacing PAT), Benefits, and more!
Optional 1-hour webinars are available beginning in early August to support continued learning. Register in the course once enrolled. These webinars will be available until October 2020.
This course includes access to IRP's Workday Training Sandbox via a user account designed just for training.
DELIVERY METHOD: Online, Self-serve with Webinar Sign-Up options, see below to register.
DURATION: ~90 minutes
OFFICE HOURS SUPPORT: Click here to find information and register for 1:1 Learning Rover Office Hour support as well as upcoming HR and Finance sessions: IRP Office Hours Support Registration Page
LEARNING OUTCOMES: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Get Started Using Workday for Staff: Get an overview of Workday for salaried staff and identify some of the key changes coming with Workday.
- Manage your Personal Information: View & Change Personal Information, Emergency Contacts, and other details | View Payslips, T4s & PD Fund Balance | View and Update Tax Elections, Payment elections.
- Enter Absence: Request Time Off (Short Term Absence) | Request a Leave of Absence (Long Term) | View Absence Balance | View Team Absence
- Understand Benefits in Workday: View & Change Your Benefits | View & Change Your Dependents & Beneficiaries.
- Practice in the Sandbox: Get hands-on experience in Workday and try out the features you learned about.
PREPARATION & PREREQUISITES: Workday Basics
Keywords: WY, OE