Full course description
DESCRIPTION: This course will equip those assigned to the roles of Grant Manager, Principle Investigator and Administrative Principle Investigator with the necessary knowledge in Workday to initiate adding additional grant managers or signatories and generating and viewing grant related reports, including research grant dashboards and custom reports. This course is intended for both faculty and for staff who support faculty who have the grant manager or PI / Admin PI roles.
DELIVERY METHOD: Webinar, Online Resources (Videos, Job Aids)
DURATION: 1.5 Hours for Staff (in addition to 6 hour Budget Owner Training) and 1 hour Grants Overview Course for Faculty.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Initiate the business process to add an additional Grant Manager
- Generate and view a Grant related Report, including viewing the Research Grant Dashboard & Custom Reports
PREPARATION & PREREQUISITES: Staff: Workday Budget Owner Training. Workday Finance self-serve online courses are recommended for any Faculty or Staff wanting to submit simple to complex expense reports and/or procurement or supplier accounts related actions:
- Workday Finance 101 (Simple Expense Reports)
- Workday Finance 201 (Complex Expense Reports)
- Workday Finance 301 (Purchase Requisitions, Supplier Setup, etc)
Keywords: WY, BL