Full course description
Hi and welcome to the Financial Operations Community Training Instructor-Led session that provides a Foundational Overview for Setting up a Supplier.
This session benefits UBC Faculties or Staff who will start setting up suppliers; and the existing ones who may have doubts about the foundations of the process.
As a UBC Faculty or Staff who sets up suppliers, you may face situations, like you:
- Struggle to identify a supplier
- Identifying the requisites a supplier has to meet to collect payments through the different payment methods
- Recognizing the importance of the supplier's address and how to check it to know it's right
- Identifying when and why to obtain the supplier's GST number
- Payment problems due to international payment requirements
- Knowing the importance of obtaining the supplier's Social Insurance Number (SIN), and who should you ask for it
This on-demand, online session is being provided to assist you in addressing those situations
The session provides you with the required information to:
- Recognize a UBC supplier
- Identify the payment methods and their requirements
- Recognize the importance of the supplier’s address
- Identify when and why to obtain the supplier's GST number
- Reduce payment problems due to unique requirements for local currency through GDS
- Know why to obtain the supplier’s Social Insurance Number (SIN), and who we ask for it
Please note that this session:
- Is not a functional walk-through or demonstration of completing tasks in Workday
- Does not provide a step-by-step process on how to register a supplier in the system
- Does not provide a step-by-step process on how to fill up forms to register a supplier in the system
This session focuses on the business policies and processes providing the context for required tasks in Workday
Please contact the Integrated Service Centre for Workday functional support.
REGISTRATION IS A 2-STEP PROCESS:
1. Enroll in this course using the Enroll Now at the top of this page.
2. Register for a workshop session.
Enter the course and access the Workshop Registration Module (Module 2) to reserve your date and time. You are not considered registered until you have selected a session to attend.
You have a series of sessions to choose from for your attendance at the live session. Additional session dates and times are added as they are scheduled.
- Tuesday, March 12th at 11:00 am PT
- Tuesday, March 26th at 11:00 am PT
- Monday, April 15th at 11:00 am PT
- Monday, May 6th at 11:00 am PT
Seating for each session is limited to ensure questions can be fully explored.
These sessions are Zoom-enabled. Session details are sent to you when you confirm your reservation.
Resources from the session, such as the presentation and links to supporting documentation are made available to you after you attend a selected session.